Landscape Consultation Service
We will visit your garden to consult with you and teach you about what steps you can take to create an healthy garden and landscape.
Need help being green? Seattle Tilth will visit your garden for sustainable landscape consultation and mentorship.
We can help you make a plan to convert your yard into a sustainable organic landscape!
During a scheduled appointment, a Seattle Tilth staff consultant will walk with you through your garden, answer questions, make recommendations and help diagnose specific problems. Clients have a choice of receiving a personalized written summary of the visit, including appropriate referrals and resources for future reference or simply doing the walk through of the garden.
Whether you plan to do the work yourself or hire a professional landscaper, Seattle Tilth can help you determine how you can create a healthier landscape that is more sustainable, diverse, functional and beautiful and help you know where to start.
Seattle Tilth can provide these specific services:
- Plant identification
- Recommendations on where to site garden elements, e.g.compost bins, vegetable gardens, chicken coops and water catchment features
- Suggestions on how to incorporate edibles and native plants into your existing landscape
- Pest and disease diagnosis and recommendations for control using Integrated Pest Management methods
- Pruning guidance
- Ideas about attracting wildlife to your landscape
- Steps to help you transition to an organic landscape
- Miscellaneous tips on sustainable gardening practices and methods to conserve resources
A walk through consultation = $225.
It includes a site visit up to two hours. Be prepared to take notes.
A one-hour site visit followed by a written summary report = $300.
We provide plant lists, resource lists for supplies and recommendations on ways you can continue develop your site sustainably.
Each additional hour = $75.
**Special Offer** for Waterfront Property Owners - 50% OFF!
Just 20 shoreline landowners in the Lake Washington basin will qualify for technical and financial assistance to implement stormwater management practices. To qualify, you must answer “yes” to both of the following questions:
- Is your property in the Lake Washington Basin?
Find out here.
- Does your property border a body of water? Examples: Lake
Washington, any of its tributaries or green buffer zones.
If you answered "yes" to both questions, sounds like you qualify! Fill out a Landscape Consultation Survey below to schedule an appointment.
Schedule an Appointment
After the initial visit, we can return for follow-up consultations for the fees listed above, to help you figure out next steps. You can also contact the Garden Hotline for free answers to garden questions, and information about professional landscapers, arborists, other services, products, resources, opportunities and information.