Seattle Tilth CSA
Find out about Seattle Tilth's community supported agriculture (CSA) program.
Our community supported agriculture (CSA) program connects local, new, immigrant farmers with YOU!
Our CSA members get a weekly box full of fresh, delicious, 100% local, ecologically grown produce. Enjoy food that's kind to the earth, fair for farmers and good for you.
The deadline to sign-up for a CSA is May 23.
Pssst: There's a 5% Early Bird discount if you join before March 17!
Our Farms & Farmers
- Seattle Tilth Farm Works in Auburn, WA
- Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands in Seattle, WA
- Seattle Youth Garden Works in Seattle, WA
- Other regional partner farms
At our educational farms, Seattle Tilth
trains participants in ecological
farming practices that build healthy soil and
biodiversity, using only organic techniques. As a CSA member, you are directly supporting new, immigrant, and limited resource farmers while creating a unique relationship between farmers and eaters. Build a new, alternative food economy with us!
How Does it Work?
CSA members pay up front to help fund our early season costs to run our farm and education program. Then you share in the delicious bounty throughout the season!
Every week, June-October, you'll get a box full of farm fresh produce at one of our pick-up locations. Boxes include a mix of seasonal vegetables, fruit and herbs, with optional add-ons of eggs and more.
We also have an optional fall/winter share in November.
What's in a Box?
It varies week to week, but you can expect tasty, diverse produce in every box and benefit from eating with the seasons. Learn a new vegetable, or find a new way to cook your favorites by enjoying recipes and other information in our weekly CSA newsletter! See sample boxes...
What's It Cost?
- A full produce share is $600 -- averages 12-13 items/week of fresh, local vegetables, herbs, and occasional fruit for 20 weeks June-October. Good for 3-4 people, families, or two people that eat a lot of veggies. Best diversity and value! Delicious, seasonal produce from our farmers.
- A partial produce share is $350 -- averages 7 items/week of fresh, local vegetables, herbs, and occasional fruit for 20 weeks June-October. Great for 1-2 people. Delicious, seasonal produce from our farmers!
- Farm fresh eggs add-on is $125 -- get a dozen fresh, non-GMO eggs produced by pastured poultry on the farm in your box, $6.25/week for 20 weeks, July-October. Half shares also available.
- Pastured heritage pork add-on from Feliz Farm is $350 -- Enjoy 35 pounds of heritage pork at $10/lb, delivered to your pick-up location at one time in September-October.
- Pastured chicken add-on from Hallet Family Farm is $73.50 -- Pastured chickens fed GMO-free and soy-free feed for $6 per pound! You'll get three Label Rosa chickens through this meat share, to pick up at Hallet Family Farm in Enumclaw, WA. Gourmet quality birds, raised on fresh green pasture.
- Thanksgiving turkey from Windy Acre Farm deposit is $50 -- Beautiful, delicious 15-20lb pastured turkeys great for roasting, raised using only organic practices and soy-free feed. Turkeys cost $7.75/lb, plus a $15 processing charge. Total cost should be $130-$170, depending on the size.
- Local lentil & garbanzo add-on from Joseph's Grainery is $66.30 -- One 3lb bag of lentils and one 2.5lb bag of garbanzos every month! Local Washington grown lentils and garbanzo beans (chickpeas), high-protein and nutritious legumes, GMO and pesticide-free.
- Raw fermented sauerkraut add-on from OlyKraut is $140 -- Build your intestinal power and immune system by eating raw sauerkraut. Flavors include Original,
Eastern European, Spicy Garlic, Curry Kraut, Spring Nettle,
Cumin-Jalapeño, Sea Vegetable, and Sour Pickles.
Seasonal Pick-up Locations
- Good Shepherd Center in Wallingford
Wednesdays, 3:30-7 p.m.
- Columbia City Farmers Market
Wednesdays, 3-7 p.m.
- Greenfire Campus in Ballard
Wednesdays, 4-7 p.m.
- South Lake Union Farmers Market
Thursdays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Stockbox Grocery
Thursdays, 4:15-9 p.m.
- Madrona Cupcake Royale
Fridays, 3-7 p.m.
- Portage Bay Grange
Fridays, 3-7 p.m.
- Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands - visit us at the farm!
Saturdays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Seattle Tilth Farm Works - visit us at the farm!
Saturdays, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
What our Members are Saying...
“It was great to get a variety of produce to force my cooking/eating to be more creative and fabulous knowing that it was all healthy, organic produce for a great price serving a great purpose.”
“First time trying a CSA. I enjoyed trying new foods and having recipes and explanations for foods that were new to me”
“It makes me feel really good to get produce from the Seattle Tilth Farm Works farmers. I liked getting the stories and recipes in the weekly email.”
“Friendly folks, great food, loved being part of the beginning of an awesome community project.”
“Not only did the local farm thing, but also supported local workforce development...what could be better?”
FAQs: What Else Should I Know?
How is Seattle Tilth CSA different?
- By becoming a member, you connect directly with new, small-scale farmers with limited resources. Many are recent immigrants, some are refugees, and all are investing in creating local sources of food which is very important investment for our region.
- Our farmers receive training from Seattle Tilth using the best ecological practices, based on Seattle Tilth's 35 years as the "go to" organization for organic agriculture education in the region.
- We will educate you about your food throughout the season and invite you to farm events and special perks for CSA members.
Program & Policies
Read all the nitty gritty details on vacation weeks, missed box pick-ups, and more on our Program & Policies page.
Email Chris Iberle at email@example.com or call (206) 633-0451 ext. 129.