Seattle Tilth CSA
Purchase a subscription to our community supported agriculture
(CSA) program, and you'll get a weekly box full of fresh, 100% local produce
while supporting Seattle Tilth, new farmers, and strengthening local
Share sign-up is closed for the 2013 season. Thank you!
To find out when shares are available for 2014, please email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seattle Tilth's new CSA is sourced this year from participants in our Seattle Tilth Farm Works program. We provide farm business training to new farmers and immigrants, refugees, and people with limited resources. Seattle Tilth Farm Works trains participants in ecologically-based farming practices that place an emphasis on building healthy soil and biodiversity, using only organic practices. Through buying a share in our CSA program, you'll be directly supporting farmers in the program.
How does it work?
Every week, June-October, you'll pick up a box full of fresh produce at one of our three locations. Boxes include a mix of seasonal vegetables and herbs, with optional egg and flower add-ons. CSA members pay up front to help cover farm costs and education, and then share in the bounty throughout the season.
What's in a box?
It varies week to week, but here's what you could expect during the month. Find out more...
How much does it cost?
- A full share is $600 -- averages 14 items/week of fresh, local produce for 20 weeks June-October.
- A partial share is $350 -- averages 7 items/week of fresh, local produce for 20 weeks June-October.
- Eggs add-on is $67 -- get a dozen fresh, non-GMO and soy-free eggs produced by pastured poultry on the farm in your box, $4.75/week for 14 weeks, July-October.
- Flower bouquet add-on -- get a bouquet grown and arranged on the farm.
- Large bouquet: $18/week, $216 (+ tax) for the 12 weeks, July-September.
- Small bouquet: $12/week, $144 (+ tax) for 12 weeks, July-September.
Stems are picked the same day or the night before to ensure quality and freshness. All bouquets are handmade, wrapped in brown kraft paper and vary weekly depending on what's blooming.
The deadline to sign-up for a CSA is May 17.
- Wallingford Farmers' Market
Meridian Park, corner N 50th & Meridian Ave N
Wednesdays 3:30-7 p.m. at Seattle Youth Garden Works' farm stand
- Madrona Farmers' Market
Madrona Grocery Outlet, corner MLK & E Union St
Fridays 3-7 p.m. at the Seattle Tilth Produce stand
- Seattle Tilth Farm Works - visit us at the farm!
17601 SE Lake Moneysmith Rd., Auburn, WA 98092
Saturdays, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
What else should I know?
- Vacation week: If you are out of town during
your pick-up time, please notify us at least a week in advance. We can
a) donate your produce to a local food bank, or b) give you credit ($20
for full shares or $12 for a partial shares) towards next week's farm
stand. You can also have a friend pick it up for you. Only 2 vacation weeks allowed per share.
- Boxes that aren't picked-up by the end of pick-up times will be donated to a local food bank.
- Please return your empty box
to us every week to help keep our costs down! Or, bring some re-useable
bags to transfer your produce into and leave the box with us.
- We only have the equivalent of 40 full shares available in this pilot year, but hope to offer more in 2014.
- This is the first year for the Seattle Tilth CSA. By purchasing the CSA and supporting the program, you help Seattle Tilth Farm Works participants build their farm businesses. Many participants are still learning farm skills for the northwest, and are new to the CSA model. Thank you for supporting Seattle Tilth Farm Works and the work of 17 new farmers!
Our shares are full for the season! Please check back in late 2013 for information on joining for 2014. Email Chris at email@example.com and we'll email you when sign-up opens.
Seattle Tilth and program participants strive to produce
the best possible local, organically grown produce and provide reliably
high quality CSA boxes each week. However, due to seasonal
changes and natural risks inherent in farming, not all crops may be
available as planned. CSA members understand that, and choose to share
in the abundant harvests as well the risks throughout the season.
CSA members commit to picking up their box and the pick-up
location every week. Boxes not picked up within the designated times and
locations will be donated to a local food bank.
Thanks for supporting Seattle Tilth, new farmers, and our local food system!