Children's Garden Volunteer Naturalist
Volunteer to lead Earth Steward Garden Tours in the Children’s Garden. Fun, hands-on garden field trips for school children in preschool through sixth grade.
Volunteer with groups of children as they engage all their senses through exploration and hands on activities at:
- Seattle Tilth Children's Garden at the Good Shepherd Center
- Rainier Beach Learning Garden and Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands in Rainier Valley
- Pickering Barn Learning Garden in Issaquah.
On Earth Steward Garden Tours, we taste herbs and flowers, touch the soft and the prickly, dig in the soil to discover compost critters and create opportunities for children to discover the unexpected delights of gardening.
All tours include eating from the garden, exploring the habitat of garden creatures, and doing garden work. Children learn and practice important garden activities such as making compost, planting, tending and harvesting crops, collecting seeds and other seasonal activities. Tours are about two hours during week days, Tuesday-Friday. Shifts normally start at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- For more information about volunteering in Wallingford, email Lisa Taylor, email@example.com or call (206)633-0451 ext. 105.
- For volunteering in Rainier Beach, contact Joanna Stodden, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For volunteering in Issaquah (starting April 2013), contact email@example.com.
THANK YOU! We look forward to seeing you in the garden.