Get involved, meet people, and learn new skills as a volunteer
Volunteers and interns are essential to the success of Seattle Tilth!
Build professional and personal skills, meet people and contribute to the community while volunteering at Seattle Tilth. Interested? Follow these steps:
- May Edible Plant Sale -- sign up to volunteer now
- Plant Seller at May Edible Plant Sale
- GiveBIG Ground Crew -- rally your family and friends to help raise funds for Seattle Tilth during GiveBIG on Tuesday, May 6! Download the Ground Crew Toolkit.
- Just Garden Project Spring Into Bed -- sign-up to volunteer!
Find out more about each of our gardens and farms and what makes them unique!
- NORTH SEATTLE
- SOUTHEAST SEATTLE
Volunteer by Interest
COOKING AND NUTRITION
Help build raised bed gardens for low-income communities! No experience necessary, all materials and training provided.
Saturday April 26th from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.- Shoreline and Lake City neighborhoods
Wednesday April 16th 12-3 p.m.- Stewart Manor Garden Maintenance
RSVP is required. For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Garden Works Harvest Crew
Help youth participating in the Seattle Youth Garden Works (SYGW) program get their fresh produce to market! Volunteers are needed to harvest fresh, organic veggies for the farmer’s market at SYGW’s Center for Urban Horticulture plot in the U-Village. Contact email@example.com
Fridays 10 a.m.- 12p.m. (starting May 9)
- Veggie Crews: April-October
FARM AND GARDEN
- Drop-in Work Parties
Learn about organic food growing techniques while maintaining our farms and gardens. Work parties happen weekly in Wallingford, SE Seattle and Issaquah.
- Each year garden volunteers grow hundreds of pounds of organic produce that we donate to local food banks, support our education program, and sustainably maintain our community learning gardens in North and South Seattle.
- King County Master Recycler Composter
Inspire others to reduce waste and recycle more. Learn all the do's and don'ts of curbside recycling- including food scrap recycling- then teach others at festivals and events this summer. FREE training provided to King County residents outside the cities of Seattle and Milton.
- RESOURCE CONSERVATION
- Children's Garden Volunteer Naturalists
Lead kids on Earth Steward sensory tours of the Children's Garden during weekdays, working with school groups and field trips in the garden. Learn about organic gardening and teaching while having loads of fun!Shifts weekday mornings and afternoons depending on tour schedule.
Data Entry Volunteer
Provide data entry support for Seattle Tilth. Schedule 2-6 hours per week M-F, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Street Promotions Team
Help distribute postcards and posters for our programs! Pick an area of your choice and ask permission from businesses. Visit libraries, rec centers, coffee shops, bars etc. Contact email@example.com.
Interested in getting class credit or being more involved with Seattle Tilth? Check out our current list of Internship Positions.