Internships at Seattle Tilth
Find out about becoming an intern at Seattle Tilth.
Interns hold pivotal roles at Seattle Tilth contributing their time and skills while gaining valuable work experience with a successful nonprofit.
Not just for students! Interested?
- Please complete a required volunteer/intern registration form.
- Next, attend a required Volunteer Orientation.
- Read on for more information. If you submit a cover letter and resume to any of the programs below, please indicate which program you are applying to! Unless otherwise indicated, all positions below are currently and accepting applications for rolling start dates and duration.
Development and Event Internships
- Fall Event Intern for Just Garden Project
Help to coordinate and support Fall events with the Just Garden Project, including Fall into Bed and a Feeding the Spirits event. You will help to procure donations, define logistics and coordinate volunteers.
- Marketing Intern
Assist with marketing activities at Seattle Tilth to promote our programs, activities and events in the greater Seattle area. Duties might include updating online media, proofreading, writing, simple graphic design, photography and other mass communications.
- Data Specialist Intern
Assist in coordinating the volunteer program with 1000 volunteers at Seattle Tilth. Support events and ongoing program volunteers and interns through recruitment, tracking, recognition, and more.
Cooking & Nutrition Internships
- After School Cooking Club Intern Position to begin in October
Help to support Community Kitchens Northwest manager and site leaders to offer nutrition and culinary support in a fun and interactive way to program participants.
Garden & Farm Internships
- Garden Steward Interns at Bradner Gardens Park, Pickering Barn or Rainier Beach Learning Garden
Learn about sustainable landscape management and organic food gardening while practicing leadership skills in one or more of Seattle Tilth's gardens in north Seattle, southeast Seattle, or Issaquah. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- Farm Steward at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands
Work with Seattle Tilth and Friends of RBUFW to transition a ten acre commercial nursery and wetlands site into a market organic farm. Development is starting in 2013 after extensive community input! Learn about greenhouse and shade-house management, field cultivation, harvesting, produce distribution, education techniques, wetlands restoration, and much more.
Volunteer OpportunitiesInterested in being involved but want less time commitment than an internship? See the list of current volunteer opportunities.