Volunteering in Issaquah
Volunteers and interns are essential to our success!
Build professional and personal skills, meet people and contribute to the community in our Issaquah programs as a volunteer or intern at the Pickering Barn Learning Garden in Issaquah (1730 10th Ave NW Issaquah, WA 98027) and in the community. Interested?
- Please complete a required volunteer/intern registration form.
- Next, attend a Volunteer Orientation
- Read on for more information about our volunteer and internship opportunities in Issaquah. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Garden Steward
Learn about sustainable landscape management and organic food gardening while practicing leadership skills in Seattle Tilth's learning gardens at the Pickering Barn in Issaquah.
Issaquah Summer Gardening Kick-off
Get Issaquah summer gardening started off right! Dozens of volunteers needed on Saturday, June 1 to help set-up or take-down the event, sell plants, count plants and check-out customers, or prep plants on Friday. Want to get involved? It's fun! Read more online at or sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drop-in "Veggie Crew" Work Parties at the Pickering Barn Learning Garden in Issaquah (1730 10th Ave NW Issaquah, WA 98027)
Learn about organic food growing techniques while helping maintain our community learning garden! We'll be planting, harvesting, weeding and planning the next season. Get your hands dirty and help us reach our goal of donating 1 TON of food to the Issaquah Food Bank!
Dress for the weather, bring your own gloves if you'd like (we have some you can borrow too), and bring snacks/lunch and a water bottle.
If you are under 18 or will be bringing an under 18 volunteer, please bring this Youth Hold Harmless form signed to the work party and turn it in to us when you sign in.
- Every Tuesday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Every Wednesday, 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., on May 11, 18, 25
Download the full Early Season Veggie Crew Calendar
- Children's Garden Volunteer Naturalists
Lead kids on Earth Steward sensory tours of the children's garden as a Volunteer Naturalist. Learn about organic gardening and teaching while having loads of fun!
- Garden Ambassadors
Help us show off the Pickering Barn garden during farmers’ market season starting mid-April. Training in March. Interact with visitors to the garden to answer questions, run family activities and promote ST and the Issaquah programs. Saturdays, 10a.m.-1 p.m.
- Group Work Parties at the Pickering Barn Learning Garden in Issaquah (1730 10th Ave NW Issaquah, WA 98027)
We're happy to organize a work party for your company, school, or organization that works for your schedule. Just get in touch with email@example.com to find out more!